We understand that your trust in us, is TECHWOLF’s most important asset (hereinafter referred to as "TECHWOLF", "we" or "us"). As such, your privacy is essential for us. This Privacy Statement applicable, inter alia, (i)to our website https://www.techwolf.be/ (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), and (ii) to all (commercial) relations between TECHWOLF and its customers, prospects and business partners.This Privacy Statement includes information about the personal data collected by TECHWOLF, as well as the manner in which TECHWOLF uses and processes this personal data.TECHWOLF wishes to emphasize that it always undertakes to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 July 2018 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and/or (iii) all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
Types of personal data
TECHWOLF can collect and process the following personal data:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- All personal data freely provided to TECHWOLF (e.g. in light of correspondence with TECHWOLF)
Methods of personal data collection
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Any cooperation with TECHWOLF
- Appealing on the services of TECHWOLF
- Visiting the Website
- Requesting an offer
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with TECHWOLF
- Via social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Exchanging business cards
Use of personal data
TECHWOLF can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of the agreement (incl. follow-up thereof)
- Drawing up a quote
- Visiting the Website
- Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website
- Security of the Website and the services
- Creating statistics
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with TECHWOLF or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which TECHWOLF is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TECHWOLF (e.g. protection of the Website) or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when you are a child)
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
TECHWOLF shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless this should be necessary for one of the aforementioned purposes (including but not limited to accounting, database management and the delivery of services to TECHWOLF (i.e. in light of subcontracting)). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to an accounting firm, external (IT) consultants, software providers, cloud partners and other service providers. Processing by the third-party shall be governed by a contract or other legal act under Union or Member State law, that obligates the third-party to handle or process your personal data at least as restrictive as TECHWOLF itself and that sets out (i) the subject-matter and duration of the processing,(ii) the nature and purpose of the processing, (iii) the type of personal data, and (iv) categories of data subjects and the obligations and rights of TECHWOLF.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is, however, possible that TECHWOLF discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if TECHWOLF is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings, and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- To the party taking over TECHWOLF, if TECHWOLF, or the majority of its assets, is taken over by said third party, in which case your personal data – which TECHWOLF has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets
If TECHWOLF does not need to transfer your personal data for the purposes listed in this policy, it will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Transfers of personal data to third countries
Any transfer of personal data to a third country or international organization shall be subject to an adequacy decision by the Commission or one of the following safeguards:
- A data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) any other mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data; and/or
- Binding corporate rules (as implemented by TECHWOLF); and/ or
- Certification mechanisms (such as but not limited to the EU-US Privacy Shield).
Should any of the safeguards be applicable, a copy of these safeguards scan at all times be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) through compliance with another rule and/or obligation, TECHWOLF shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Statement under 'Use of personal data'.
Your privacy rights
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal.
- Right of access by the data subject: you can ask for confirmation of whether or not personal data that relates to you is being processed, as well as more clarifications about the information referred to in this information notice. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification: you can request to correct or supplement the data provided to us, if (no longer) inaccurate.
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): please be aware that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided (e.g. delivery of the ordered products) if you delete resp. request deletion of certain required personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing: you can object to the processing of your data at any time, unless there are legitimate reasons for proceeding with the processing that prevail over yours, for example for the exercise of a right or our defence in court. The aforementioned limitations do not apply where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to data portability: you can request to receive the data you provided, or to send it to another entity indicated by you, in a commonly used structured format readable by automatic device.
- Right to lodge a complaint: in case you are not satisfied with the way TECHWOLF handled your requests, questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way TECHWOLF collects, uses and and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to submit a complaint to or appeal on the competent Data Protection Authority.
At any time you can exercise your privacy rights towards TECHWOLF by contacting us (i) via email email@example.com, or (ii) by completing the form: ‘exercise of the rights of the data subject’ and deliver it to TECHWOLF by email or post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form.
Where and as permitted under applicable law, TECHWOLF may process your contact information for marketing purposes.
Security of personal data
TECHWOLF undertakes reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Notwithstanding TECHWOLF’s security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, TECHWOLF is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Update Privacy Statement
TECHWOLF is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website whereby TECHWOLF will indicate the revision date at the top of this Privacy Statement. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. TECHWOLF does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is sent from the server of TECHWOLF and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. This way we can remember your preferences when visiting our Website. The information stored through these cookies can only be read by TECHWOLF and only for the duration of your visit to the Website.
Kind of cookies
Cookies can be subdivided based on their offspring, function and durability. Our Website only uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: As the name suggests these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the Website or to provide certain features that you have requested.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of the Website by storing the Visitor’s preferences.
- Tracking cookies: These cookies will outlast user sessions. If a persistent cookie has its max-age set to 1 year, then, within that year, the initial value set in that cookie will be sent back to the server every time you visit the server. This is used to record a vital piece of information such as how a Visitor initially came to this Website. For this reason, they are also called tracking cookies. For example, once you have selected your preferred language, our Website will record this preference in a persistent cookie set on your browser. When you revisit the Website, it will use that persistent cookie to ensure that the content is delivered in your preferred language.
- Third party cookies: For cookies set by third parties (Google Analytics, Linkedin, Facebook, Hotjar) we kindly refer you to the statements set forth by these parties on their respective websites. Beware, we do not have any influence on the content of these statements nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties.
When you first visit our Website, you express your implicit approval to accept our different kinds of cookies. You can block Cookies by activating your browser settings which allows you to refuse the cookies. The rejection of these cookies may have the effect of not allowing you to use some functionalities on the Website.
More information on cookies can also be found via the following link: ALLABOUTCOOKIESinformation on online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found via the following link: YOURONLINECHOICES
If you have questions and/or remarks about this Privacy Statement or the manner in which TECHWOLF collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via mail: Brusselsesteenweg 681, box 301, 9050 Ghent (Belgium)
- Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you are not satisfied with the way TECHWOLF handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way TECHWOLF collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority.
Last updated in March 2020